Let’s start our A2 Hosting review by going over the history of the company. A2 Hosting began in 2001 as a hobby on the side for Bryan Muthig, founder, and CEO. He wanted to try something new with his skills as a UNIX systems administrator.
The company only provided shared hosting at its inception, but A2 Hosting has expanded to a complete range of scalable hosting packages. It now also provides reseller and dedicated server hosting. This variety of choices is among the reason why it entered our top recommended web hosting for Australia, the best web hosting in Canada, best WordPress hosting Australia, and the best WordPress hosting Canada list.
With such an extensive range, do its pricing and service still offer value? We explore the A2 Hosting offering below.
You might save as much as 50% off the regular rate for your initial term. You can also maximize your savings by paying for three years upfront.
If this kind of commitment scares you, relax. A2 Hosting is one of the only companies that provides an “any time” guarantee.
If you feel that the service isn’t for you, it is easy to cancel at any time. If you do so in the first 30 days, you will receive a full refund. After that, the amount is pro-rated according to how many months of service you have used.
The services that the company provides fall into five categories: shared, WordPress, VPS, reseller, and dedicated hosting.
- Shared: Starting at $2.99, shared hosting is the least expensive option. It’s ideal for a low traffic site, personal page, or blog with a small readership. There are three other products in the range to consider.
- WordPress: WordPress Hosting is also a shared hosting product, focused on optimizing a WordPress site specifically. Plans start at $2.99 per month. You may also opt for Managed WordPress hosting, from $11.99 per month.
- VPS: A virtual private server gives you additional resources and keeps your site separate from others. You’ll find packages at A2 Hosting starting at $5.00 per month.
- Reseller: If you’re in the web development industry, a reseller account makes it easy to manage your client’s websites. Reseller plans start at $13.19 per month.
- Dedicated Hosting: If you’d prefer to have a private server, dedicated hosting starts at $99 per month.
A2 Hosting’s customer support is available through email, instant chat, and telephone. It answers calls quickly, and the instant chat operates 24/7. The support staff is friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable—a great trifactor for any competitive business.
- Some of the best speeds in the industry
- Outstanding customer service
- Quick handling of support requests
- A free site-scanning program to sniff out malware
- Easy to scale operations up as your business or website develops
- One free site migration
- A free, primary web builder
- Free Cloudflare CDN service
- 30-day full money-back guarantee
- Anytime refund guarantee throughout the length of your contract (after thirty days)
- The company takes active steps to reduce the carbon emissions caused by its power use
- Better value with the more expensive plans
- A significant increase in price when you renew your plan
- No way to cancel auto-renewal without ending the service completely
- For the cheapest rates, you have to sign up for three years
Is there anything that might give you pause to skip A2 Hosting? The renewal rates might come as a shock, but the company provides you with a significant discount at the beginning of your term.
Lock that rate in for three years, and then reevaluate your options. If you’re happy with the service at that point, you won’t mind the cost. If not, look for a better deal.
Should you find a better offer, give A2 Hosting 15 days’ notice before the renewal date.
Even at full price, the company offers competitive products. It provides a lightning-fast network with outstanding service. Should you wish to scale up or scale down your operations, it’s easy to do with this network.
In conclusion, our A2 Hosting review found that it’s well worth looking into this company.