the permission for access to the camera when you launch it for the first time on your iPhone. The app also asks to send you push notifications, and access your camera and microphone. If you choose “Don’t Allow” then Snapchat will not work and keep showing a pop-up telling you”you’ll need to allow camera access in Settings. “you’ll need to allow camera access in Settings.” Let’s look at how you can permit Snapchat to access your camera and images in the iPhone that runs iOS 13.0 or higher.napchat requires
First, ensure that you first, make sure to update Snapchat to the most recent version. (See the article: How to update apps on iOS 14 on iPhone] This is because the previous version of Snapchat was prone to glitches that stopped it from connecting to Snapchat’s iPhone camera.
Table of Contents
Enable Camera Access on Snapchat
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll to the end of the screen, and then look for Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat.
- Turn on the toggle for “Camera”.
- That’s it. You can now open Snapchat and you’ll be able to snap photos.
Enable Photo Access in Snapchat App
It is necessary to grant Snapchat access to your photos in order for Snapchat for use in Snapchat’s Camera Roll within the app and also to save them straight to your iPhone. This is how you can grant this feature if you had blocked the permission in the first place.
- Navigate to Settings and then open Snapchat.
- Click on the Photos, then select”Read and Write” from the “Read and Write” option.
- Open Snapchat and go through the Camera Roll. There you can view the photos you have stored locally.
This method is a better alternative if the first method isn’t working for you. These steps work with iOS 13.3.
- Go to Settings.
- Click “Screen Time” and select “Content & Privacy Restrictions”.
- Switch on the toggle for Content and Privacy Restrictions if they aren’t disabled yet.
- Click “Photos” under Privacy and then click “Allow Changes”.
- Switch on the toggle to Snapchat.
Also read: Here’s how to determine what you did when you have joined Snapchat
TIP: Tips on how to backup Snaps as Photos on iPhone
As a default feature, Snaps are saved to Memories and you are able to access them via Snapchat. If you want for your photos to be saved to Memories and also on your iPhone storage, follow the steps below.
- Start Snapchat. Snapchat app.
- Tap your profile photo at in the upper left.
- Click the gear icon on the top of the screen and search at “Memories”.
- Under Save destinations, click on “Save Button”.
- Select “Memories & Camera Roll” to save your snaps to both of these locations.
You can also opt to save certain Snaps in both camera roll and Memories.
To save it simply take a picture and then long-tap the “Save” button at the lower left. Then, select “Memories & Camera Roll” and the photo is saved on your iPhone.
Note If the above steps fail due to a reason, then reboot your iPhone and try them again.
Also read: How to disable the portrait mode of Snapchat within iOS 15