Samsung’s flagship smartphones “The Galaxy S7 and S7 edge was unveiled back during MWC 2016, which took place in Barcelona and are now being pre-ordered in India. It is available for pre-order in India. S7 as well as the S7 edge are available in two versions that include Snapdragon 820 SoC, which is only available in the US and China while the other model that comes with Exynos 8890 chipset is designed for the global market, which includes India. Many people have gotten their hands on the phone and are seeking for ways to get it root. Chainfire is an experienced developer on the XDA Developers forum famous for the ability to root Samsung’s phones, has managed to root the international version of the Exynos version of the Galaxy S7 (G930F) and Galaxy S7 edge (G935F). The method is based on Chainfire’s popular Auto-Root tool and CF ODIN tool that is possibly the most straightforward method to gain root privileges without having to flash an custom recovery.
Chainfire Auto-Root is accessible for these EXYNOS versions of the Galaxy S7: G930F and S7 edge: G935F. It is likely to be available for the other models based on Exynos. S7 models.
Prior to proceeding, take note that:
- Rooting voids your device warranty. Follow this tutorial on your own at risk!
- This process increases the counter for flash and triggers your KNOX Warranty flag.
- ONLY proceed if your device model no. is found in this.
How on how to root Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge –
1. Check your device model under Settings > About device > Model number. Check to make sure that the model number is compatible.
2. Allow OEM unlock go to Settings > About Device, and press 7 times to activate Developer Options. Go into Settings > Developer Options, and select “OEM unlock”.
3. Download and install Samsung Android USB drivers on your Windows system.
4. Get Odin3_v3.10.7.zip then extract the file. (Latest version of Odin)
5. Go to this page to search, then download the ‘CF Auto-Root .zip the file that matches the model number of your device. (G930F or G935F). Extract it into an appropriate folder.
6. The device will be booted into the ODIN Download mode to do this turn off the phone. Hold the ‘Volume Down and Home button’ while holding both buttons at the same time, hold down the Power button until you are presented with the warning screen for Download mode. After that, release all the buttons and press ‘Volume up to go into the Download mode.
7. Connect the phone to your computer using a USB cable.
8. Start Odin3 v3.10.7.exe. ODIN will show an ID:COM port number. ID:COM box that indicates the device has been connected successfully.
9. Select”AP” in the “AP Option in the ODIN. Don’t alter the other fields. Browse and select the ‘CF-Auto-Root-herolte-heroltexx-smg930f.tar.md5’ file (or relevant tar file in CF-Auto-Root folder).
10. After you click Start, let the process be completed, and the phone will then reboot itself. There should be a PASS notification in ODIN. You can verify root privileges by using the Root Checker app.
It’s done! After the device restarts, you will be able to see the SuperSU application installed.
Point to be Noted:
It is important to note that CFAR’s display code isn’t compatible yet with the S7 As a result it doesn’t display any display on screen. After flashing using ODIN, the device will only display the S7 logo and it appears as if nothing is happening. You can leave the device in peace for five minutes. It will reboot several times before booting into Android and you have root access.
If it doesn’t accomplish something after five minutes, there is something wrong and you should likely flash your original boot.img as well as recovery.img.
via [ Chainfire]