People who live in India are likely to have been aware of Paytm the well-known mobile payment platform. In January of 2019, Paytm introduced “Paytm Postpaid” that gives its customers the option to purchase today and then pay the following month for their purchases. The Paytm Postpaid service functions similarly to a credit card which is a hassle-free option that doesn’t require the card, bank information or an OTP. Users don’t need to pay interest so long as they pay their invoice on time. Paytm postpaid is a way as a payment method for phone and DTH recharges, movie tickets, booking travel and shopping online.
Paytm has joined forces in partnership with ICICI Bank to offer credit limits to customers using Paytm’s Paytm app. At present the company has offered as much as Rs. 60000 as a spending limit. The amount you can spend is subject to change between individuals and is determined by the history of your transactions with Paytm. The process of approval is quick if you’ve already entered your personal information, including your Aadhaar number as well as PAN within Paytm. The process of setting up Paytm Postpaid is simple and quick without any documentation or processing charges. You can sign up in just a few clicks and begin processing transactions with no interest and at no additional costs.
Table of Contents
How to Activate Paytm Postpaid
In this post we will show you through how to set up Paytm postpaid and how to make payments using it. First, let’s find out how to enable the service on the account of your Paytm account.
Note Contrary to previous versions it is no longer necessary be a member of an ICICI Bank account nor have it connected to Paytm to be able to utilize Paytm’s Postpaid services. In our instance, there was already the HDFC bank account linked to Paytm.
- Start the Paytm application and search for Paytm Postpaid. Paytm Postpaid option under the “What’s New” section or on the top. You can also find it in the Paytm Passbook.
- Click to “Paytm Postpaid”, accept the terms and conditions, then choose “Activate My Paytm Postpaid”. Enter your Aadhaar number and PAN card information if needed.
- Your postpaid account will be activated. Paytm will display your spending and credit limits.
- (Optional) (Optional) page, you can choose (optional) the “Never pay late fees” option to connect to your credit card thereby making it possible to pay your Postpaid Paytm bill.
How to pay using Paytm Postpaid
- To pay for a bill, purchase movie tickets, or products with Paytm Postpaid, just shop and pay the same way you would normally when using Paytm. Note Note: Make sure that you have the “Fast Forward” option is not checked to prevent instant payments through your Paytm account.
- When you’re on the payment page, select”Paytm Postpaid” as your payment option “Paytm Postpaid” payment option and make your payment securely.
- That’s it! You’ll be able to pay with one click without the need for the use of an OTP or password.
On the payment screen, you can also show the balance available in the postpaid accounts you have. You can also check the balance of your postpaid account using Passbook.
Paytm Postpaid Charges
There aren’t any additional charges, fees, or interest charges in the event that you pay your Paytm Postpaid bill before 7th of the month. Paytm will email you an email with a report of your expenses on the 1st day of each month, and you are required to pay by the 7th day of the month. If you fail to pay the bill on the due date, late payment fees will apply as follows: below:
To pay the amount due you need to access your Passbook and click the ‘Pay Now’ option in the section Paytm Postpaid. The amount can be paid through Paytm Wallet or Debit Card, and Net Banking.
Paytm Postpaid Terms and Conditions
- The balance must be paid before when the date is due i.e. 7th day of the month in order to avoid fees for late payment.
- The eligibility of Paytm’s Postpaid is determined based on your past transactions in accordance with Paytm as well as ICICI Bank policies.
- Paytm Postpaid accounts will be blocked and charges may be imposed in the event that you do not pay your charges.
- Credit limit determined on factors such as the transactions history on Paytm and the credit history of the user as well as ICICI Bank’s internal policies.
- The credit limit will be raised depending on the amount you use Paytm Postpaid.
If you have any questions or concerns, you are able to let us know in the comments below.