If you’re an Indian citizen, then you should know about the Aadhaar card, which is a unique identification number that is that is issued through the Government of India through the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). It is the Aadhaar is issued to every Indian citizens is calculated on biometric and demographic data and serves as an authentic identification document and evidence of residence. As you may have guessed that it is the Government of India has made it mandatory to connect Aadhaar to your mobile number, PAN, and bank accounts prior to 31 March 2018 in order to maintain the benefits of a variety of government programs.
If you’re an Bank of Baroda account holder then you must connect your bank account to your Aadhaar card right now. There are a variety of methods to do this, like offline, by going to the branch of the bank or online via net banking (requires an account ID and password) or via SMS. Personally, I’ve tried both the SMS and online method to connect my BOB account to Aadhaar however both methods did not work for me. Today, I’ll present the most efficient method to link Aadhaar to Bank of Baroda online using OTP-based verification without needing your bank account details on the internet. This is a method that is official and was implemented by the bank in recent times.
Before you proceed, make sure to ensure you have your Aadhaar card and bank account number in your wallet. Make sure that you have registered your phone number both in your account at a bank as well as Aadhaar to be able to access OTP.
How do I link my Aadhaar to Bank of Baroda Online
1. Go to bobibanking.com and click on the “Aadhaar Verification” option in the left-hand sidebar. Alternatively, you can directly visit this link: eserve.bankofbaroda.com/kycupdate
2. The KYC Verification page, carefully input the 14-digit Bank of Baroda account number and mobile number.
3. Click to open then the “Generate OTP” tab. Enter the OTP that was issued by the bank and then click confirm.
4. A new page will be opened. Choose your customer ID from the drop-down menu, then enter your Aadhaar number.
Note: On the same page, you need to choose the purpose for Aadhaar seeding/authentication. You can choose to authenticating my Aadhaar using UIDAI and linking to my Aadhaar with my bank account to use it for AEPS transactions or to use the purpose of both DBT as well as AEBS transactions or for other purposes that are not transactional. For those who aren’t aware, AEPS refers to Aadhaar Enabled Payment System and DBT is a reference directly to Direct Benefits Transfer.
5. Check the confirmation box and select”Confirm” and then click on the “Get Aadhaar OTP” tab. Once you’ve entered the OTP that you received from Aadhaar You’ll see the details provided by UIDAI.
6. Select the Submit tab. The page will now state that “Your request for Aadhaar linking/authentication has been submitted successfully…”.
It’s done! It should be not forgotten that verification could take several days.