Most Mac users don’t have antivirus software, but it’s safer to protect your computer than be regretful. Avast provides “Avast Security for Mac” which is a no-cost download security software that is essential that works with Mac OS. There’s also an Pro edition of Avast security that offers high-end security, including real-time alerts. In the event that you are making use of Avast Free antivirus for Mac and you don’t want to continue using it, you should uninstall the application. If you’re moving it out of consideration of the more expensive renewal fees, think about making use of Avast coupon codes to get a discount. coupons for Avast to receive discounts and save money.
It is recommended to remove it since antivirus software is extremely heavy on resources and can use up a lot of memory while running in background. But, uninstalling Avast for Mac isn’t easy. As an antivirus program that is integrated with it’s Mac OS. Therefore, removing or moving Avast security out of Avast security’s Applications directory to the trash will not only uninstall the program. However, one can take away Avast completely from Mac using the instructions listed below. Alternately, you can utilize Avast’s official Avast uninstaller on Mac in case you are unable to get rid of it in the usual method.
How to remove Avast Security from Mac
- Select the Avast icon in the menu bar located at the top, and then select “Open Avast” from the menu.
- Click “Avast Security” from the upper left corner of the menu bar, and then select “Uninstall Avast”.
- Choose Uninstall for confirmation.
- Select additional security products from Avast to remove and Click Continue.
- You will now get prompted to input your administrator username and password. Enter it in order to begin the removal.
- That’s it! The program must be removed. Click Quit.
- Install Avast Security on Mac (.dmg installation download file) then save the file to your Mac.
- Open the file you downloaded, and then double-click on”Uninstall Avast” or the “Uninstall Avast” option.
- Then proceed to the third step previously mentioned.
We hope that you find this guide helpful.