The LG G4 is one of the top-rated phones of the year . What typically happens when a flagship phone is released is that someone comes up with a method to make the device rootable, or create something unique to show the best features of the phones. If one does root the phone then what they attempt to do is to create a customized recovery which gives them more options to modify their phone!
Here is this is the OFFICIAL TWRP for the LG G4. If you have one, follow the easy steps below and you’re ready to test the different custom ROMs coming in the next few days:
- ADB as well as Fastboot driver
- TWRP 2.8 Recovery file to LG G4
- The bootloader is unlocked. Refer to our guide ‘Unlocking the LG G4 Bootloader’
- Make sure you backup all your information
- In contrast to other companies such as Xiaomi and OnePlus, LG will NOT provide warranty support after you’ve gone through this procedure.
- The method described is only applicable to the International LG G4 H815 models only.. If you try this with other models could cause bricks to your phone.
- Copy the TWRP file twrp-22.214.171.124-h815.img into the phone’s internal memory, preferably the root directory
- Connect the LG G4 to the PC / Laptop
- Right-click the ADB or Platform Tools folder, pressing the Shift Key and then select the option to open a command window.
- Then enter the adb bootloader bootloader and press enter. LG G4 will restart into fastboot mode.
- Now type fastboot flash recovery twrp-126.96.36.199-h815.img and hit enter
- After that after that, enter “fastboot” and the phone will restart.
To confirm, switch off your phone. Press then hold down the power button and volume until you can are able to see the LG logo, then release. Within a couple of minutes then, the TWRP menu will appear.