This guide will provide you with a concise instructions on how to print the Docx (or PDF) file using the Google Docs app on Android and iPhone.
Google Docs is an application for word processing from Google that supports cross-platforms for Android iPhone/iPad, as well as ChromeOS. It is among the Office Suite apps by Google (similar in some ways to Microsoft Word). It is designed to create and editing .docx documents online, and includes the option of tracking the changes.
But, in spite of the increasing popularity of Google Docs, many users are still unable to make use of. One of the most frequently asked questions that are frequently asked by app’s users ishow can I print a document directly from the Google Docs app?
In this video we’ll guide you through the necessary steps for printing the Google Docs document on your tablet or smartphone. Follow along!
Printing steps using Google Docs on Android
Android is the exclusive OS of Google, is the most widely used operating system around the globe. It’s not surprising that Google Docs is majorly deployed on Android and more than all other OS platforms together.
In addition printing documents using Google Docs, on Android tablets and smartphones, can be a bit difficult. However, with a good guideline, you’ll be able to print well.
Here is a step-by-step guide that demonstrates how to print using Google Docs on Android.
- Install Google Docs You may already have the app installed. If you don’t have it, you can download it from Google Play.
- Launch the app after installing the app, you’ll be able to open it by pressing the iconto to launch it.
- Find the target Google Docs document. Browse through the application, Google Drive or Device storage to choose the document (.doc, .docx, or PDF) you wish to print.
- Print to the printer Click on the Moreicon (3-vertical-dots) on the file you want to print and then select Share and Export. Prior to printing, you can alter the page layout of Google Docs. You can change the page layout of Google Doc such as the orientation, size of paper and the colour of the page.
- Install the printer In the next screen click the Print button then follow the instructions on screen to choose your printer.
- Print the document – Tap on the Printicon at the prompt for confirmation and then just wait for the printout to appear.
Print documents from Google Docs on iPhone
Follow these steps for when you have to print a document you’ve created or modified using Google Docs on iPhone or iPad.
- Download Google Docs on your device. Google Docs app – Go to the App Store to download the application for the iOS device.
- Start the app. Go to the home screen and tap the app to launch it.
- Find the document you want to print Search or locate your Google Docs file you wish to print.
- Send the document to the printer After you’ve found the document click the Moreicon (3 horizontal dots located at the top of the right) and then select Export and Share from the options listed.
- Install the printer Click on Print, then Google Cloud Printor AirPrint Follow the prompts for selecting the printer you want to use.
- Print the document – tap the Printbutton to confirm the print and then wait for the printing to take place.
We recommend this method if you have to print quickly several documents.
To open it, simply launch the Google Docs app and you will see all recently opened documents in the top screen. Then, tap the three dots beside the specific document you wish to print. Scroll down , and then select ” Print” Select the printer, then print the document.
How do you connect a printer to Google Docs
Follow these steps to enable a printer using Google Cloud Print If it’s not added yet.
- Turn on the printer you wish to connect and then connect with your PC.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Click on More.
- Select Settings > Advanced.
- Under Advanced Tap the printingoption and then select Google Cloud Print.
- Choose the Manage Cloud Print device and then sign into the details of your Google account (if you are asked to).
- Choose the printer you want to add.
- Select the Add printer(s).
If you add a printer by following the procedure above it is easy to print your documents on any device.
We hope you find this article useful.