It’s not difficult to transfer WiFi passwords among iOS devices provided you have the necessary requirements. However, sharing a Wi-Fi password between iPhone and Android isn’t easy until you are aware of the security password for the WiFi network that your iOS gadget is connected.
Have you forgotten the WiFi password and would like to connect it on other devices that aren’t iOS? Well, until this point, there was no way to locate the WiFi password on the iPhone while connected. This is because the iPhone did not display the WiFi security key or password in any of the settings.
It’s a relief that iOS 16 finally removes this limitation that has been in place for a long time. Users can now access and control WiFi passwords right on the iPhone and iPad. You can now view a saved Wi-Fi password on your iPhone without Mac or jailbreak and without computers. Additionally, you don’t need to go into the settings of your router or employ recovery tools to recover the WiFi password in iOS 16.
How do I find the Wi-Fi password on the iPhone 13?
You might want to look up the secret WiFi security password in your iPhone to give it to family or friends, who are looking to connect to the wireless connection. For example in the event that you can’t remember the password for an existing WiFi network and you need to pass it on to a person using Android. The password could also be required following a reset of network settings or when you lose the password of a Wi-Fi network.
In iOS 16 it’s simple to see the Wi-Fi password for the network you’re connecting to, as well as the saved networks that you’ve connected to previously. But, the device needs authentication in order to disclose Wi-Fi passwords. You can find the password for the WiFi on the iPhone 13, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone 8 and all other iPhones that run iOS 16 or later.
Without further delay Here’s how to find your WiFi password on iOS 16 for iPhone as well as iPadOS 16 on iPad. Additionally, you can see the passwords for the Wi-Fi networks you have saved.
How do I view the the Wi-Fi password that you have saved within iOS 16 on iPhone
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- Switch on the Wi-Fi in case it’s not yet.
- On the Wi-Fi settings screen click the Information icon (i icon) next to the specific network that your iPhone or iPad is connected to.
- To view the WiFi password for the network, simply tap in the ” password Field.
- The password will be displayed following authentication using Face ID, Touch ID, or an access code.
- Click on the ” Copy‘ option to copy and distribute the password as simple text.
How do I view the saved WiFi network on iPhone (iOS 16)
With iOS 15 and prior it was possible to view only the active WiFi network as well as other networks that it detected nearby to you.
What do I see of the Wi-Fi networks that are stored in my phone?
Fortunately, iOS 16 allows users to view the name of each Wi-Fi network that they’ve signed up to through the iPhone and iPad. The ability to see all previously visited networks directly within the screen of your iOS device is a great feature. It can be used to delete one of the older WiFi networks. You can also do not remember the password for a WiFi connection in your iPhone even when it is not within range, or switch off Auto-Join on obscure networks. In addition, it can assist you in locating your password as well as the Wi-Fi address for the network you have saved.
To see Wi-Fi networks that have been saved in iOS 16 and iPadOS 16,
- Go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- On the Wi-Fi screen click on the ” edit‘ button in the upper-right corner.
- You’ll see a list of Wi-Fi networks saved after successful authentication with Face ID or Touch ID or device passcode.
To delete a saved WiFi network,
- Click the red minus ( – icon) right next to the particular network’s name.
- Tap the ‘ delete option, then click ‘ Done‘ in the upper-right.
- Then tap ‘ Remove‘ to confirm.
Note If you delete the network you are on, all devices that use iCloud Keychain will not be able join the Wi-Fi network. There is also no method to erase all saved WiFi simultaneously.
MORE iOS 16 TIPS:
- How do you lock photos that are hidden using Face ID in iOS 16
- How do I turn on the vibrating keyboards within iOS 16 on iPhone