Top hard drive makers like Seagate as well as Western Digital (WD) offer an extended warranty of five or three years. In by default WD determines warranty dates based on the date of manufacture. This means that a disk purchased in January 2010, however, it was manufactured in August 2009 the warranty period calculated starting in August.
WD provides a simple method to allow users to upgrade the warranty on the HDD online, and thus determine the warranty from the date of purchase. To be able to do this you must have an evidence that you purchased the product, i.e. the receipt for payment or the bill.
If you believe that the warranty’s date has to be changed from the date of purchase, be sure to follow the steps below:
How do I claim warranty on a the WD hard drive?
1. Create an online account with WD, or log into your existing account if you have an account. Then you will be sent an email with an acknowledgement link. Click on the link to confirm that your address is correct and finish the sign-up process.
2. Go to the registration page and complete all required fields. Choose your product (Internal and External HDD) and category as Warranty & Replacement, and enter the input serial number of your hard drive.
To locate the serial number, Download SIW and then run it. Choose the ‘Storage Devices option in the menu under Hardware. Find the serial number and model of the WD hard drive.
Image alt=”find the serial number of your hard drive and model number.” border=”0″ height=”434″ loading=”lazy” src=”https://www.28msec.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/03072010210242.jpg” style=”display: inline; border: 0px;” title=”find hard drive serial and model no.” width=”550″/>
Note Do not enter the WDpart. Instead, enter the WD part that is located at the beginning on the serial.
3. Input “Update warranty” in the subject line of the question Data.
Attach a photo or a scan of your receipt for purchase (jpg or jpeg GIF formats only, maximum 1.5 MB)
4. Click Continueand the system will send you an automatic response email from WD.
5. Give an hour or so to allow Western Digital staff to verify the information and amend the warranty in accordance with. Then you will be notified of how to proceed with your request.
I tried the method above and the WD personnel updated the warranty on my new hard drive starting from the date of purchase in only one day. The most impressive thing is that they upgraded my warranty to the next five years, which was actually less than 3 years.