In conjunction with the Christmas offer, BSNL is offering free CLI-based dial-up Internet connectivity during two consecutive months w.e.f. 1st September 2008 until 31st October 2008 to PSTN users of BSNL. Customers can access this service via their landline phones at Bsnl.
So how do I obtain the free BSNL Internet dialup?
If you have an BSNL phone connection then connect a telephone cable to your computer.
To establish a dial-up connection with a phone line
- Open Network Connections.
- Click twice to open the the New Connection Wizard Next, select next.
In the Network
Do any of these:
- Click Connect to the Internet. On the Internet Connection, select Connect with a dial-up modem after which select next.
- Select Connect to my network at work. Within the Network Connection, select dial-up connection Next, then select next.
- Follow the steps within the New Connection wizard.
- After the setup is completed When you connect the dial-up service, it’ll prompt you to input your username and password. Here’s how to do it.
For “User name” or “User identification,” enter your phone number, followed with the STD code, minus zero (for instance, if you reside within Ahmedabad and your number is 23456789, then your user ID would be the number 7923456789). In the field for “password,” enter your phone number (example 23456789). You’re all ready to surf the Internet using the dial-up number 172222.
Find out more on BSNL or contact Toll Free No. 1800 424 1600
Source: The Hindu