Microsoft has launched the officially-licensed tool that allows you to create an bootable DVD as well as a USB flash drive that can install Windows 7 on Netbooks easily. It is a Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool only requires Windows 7 ISO to let you install Windows 7 directly from the USB flash drive or DVD.
How do I create bootable USB drives or DVDs to install Windows 7 –
1. Check that you’ve installed Windows 7 ISO and it is on your computer.
2. download as well as install Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool.
3. Start the USB/DVD tool, and then click Browse to choose the that you want to use as the source (Windows 7, ISO).
4. Choose now whether you want to make copies using the USB disc or flash drive, and then select Next.
5. If you’re copying the file onto an USB flash drive, choose your USB device from the drop-down menu and click to begin the copying or begin burning for DVD.
6. Once the process is completed, you can start installing Windows 7 either by double-clicking Setup.exe at on the back of your USB flash or DVD drive or by starting it.
For installation of Windows 7 using USB drive, ensure that the motherboard you use supports booting via USB and that your PC is configured to boot via USB in BIOS.
- Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- DVD-R drive or removable 4GB USB flash drive
Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download tool (947KB)