Wix and Weebly are two of the best site-building platforms globally, especially for people with little to no tech experience. See the comparison below to determine which is best for your site.
Table of Contents
Should You Choose Wix to Build Your Website?
Wix is one of the leading platforms on which new creatives build websites for free. It’s incredibly user-friendly, as it doesn’t require newcomers to have the extensive technical expertise to craft high-quality websites for a wide range of purposes, from business platforms to digital portfolios.
When you get started, you can choose one of their 500+ preset templates and leave it at that, or take it a step further to customize it either on your own or with the Wix ADI.
Building Your Website with Wix
Once you’ve got the base structure of your website, Wix enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Add advanced features: In just a few minutes, you can add a blog, put together an online store using their drag-and-drop site-building system, or set up a booking system with minimal stress.
- Improve mobile compatibility: You can easily switch between your website’s desktop and mobile appearances to ensure its accessibility for all users, no matter what device they’re using.
- Search engine optimization (SEO): Wix will guide you through the optimization process by asking questions about your business and site. You’ll be prompted for information on your location, desired keywords, and more for a personalized traffic-boosting SEO plan.
When customizing your website, you’ll have a wide variety of specialized tools to choose from, including:
- Velo, a system designed by their OpenDev Platform, through which you can develop professional web applications.
- Wix Bookings, where your clients can both book their meetings with you or reserve dates for service and pay online.
- Logo maker to set your brand apart from the rest
- SEO tools to improve your online visibility
Pros and Cons of Wix
Wix is a generally excellent choice for building a website, especially if you’re looking for options that require little to no tech experience. Review these pros and cons to determine if it’s best for you:
- User-friendly, requires minimal technical experience
- Surprisingly diverse design options
- Numerous options for optimization and compatibility
- Does not include site analytics
- You can’t change your site template after launching
Is Weebly Better for Your Website-Building Experience?
Weebly is another one of the world’s favorite site-building platforms. It’s ideal for a wide range of website types, from personal blogs to e-commerce sites.
Speaking of e-commerce sites, Weebly is affiliated with Square, which has influenced its emphasis on e-commerce-friendly tools and optimization since its establishment.
Building Your Website with Weebly
There are two main divisions you must consider when planning to build your website with Weebly. For one, you have the general capabilities of building all types of websites. No matter what the purpose or style of your platform may be, Weebly offers the following essential tools:
- Drag & Drop Builder
- Custom Fonts
- Parallax & Reveal (this enables the integration of animated effects to bring a pop of vibrancy to your site)
- Image Editor
- Video Backgrounds (you can integrate video and audio throughout the site as well)
- Site Search Bar
To top it all off, Weebly offers free hosting that ensures excellent speeds and performance. With their provided domain management service, you can also secure SSL Security for a safe web experience for all your visitors.
As part of the Square product suite, Weebly provides specialized tools to improve your sales experience:
- Marketing analytics (i.e., traffic data, sales, number of orders, etc.)
- Customizable email templates (e.g., welcome, abandoned cart, etc.)
- Shipping tool to manage domestic and international shipments, provides real-time shipping rates, and more
- Inventory tracking
- Coupon builder
- Product search
- Customer review
- Checkout payment options (Square, Stripe, or PayPal)
Pros and Cons of Weebly
Weebly is an ideal platform for beginning web professionals who need an intuitive platform that requires minimal effort to design and maintain.
Here’s a good look at its strengths and weaknesses to help you decide if it’s the platform for you:
- Access to e-commerce tools, even on the free plan
- Includes numerous options for marketing and site analytics
- Very easy to use
- Relatively limited selection of site templates
- Access to customer support comes with a price and depends on your plan
Overall, Weebly and Wix are two excellent site-building platforms that anybody would enjoy using.
Still, Wix may be the better option for general site-building. However, if you’re just starting an e-commerce on a tight-budget, Weebly is the perfect platform for you.